ALTER partners met in Yerevan December 3-5 to provide training to students and young professionals on best practices in Disaster Risk Reduction. The series of lectures ranged in topic from seismology to remote sensing and engaged over 40 students and young professionals.
Below, is a list of lecture topics along with links to the presentations themselves.
- PPRD East 2 – Civil Protection Capacity Building – An Overview, Sergej Anagnosti
- Macroseismic Effects of Earthquake,. Prof. Theodoros Tsapanos
- Seismic Monitoring of Large Dams, Dr. Christos Evangelidis
- Monitoring of volcano, faults, and man-made structures using continuous ambient seismic noise records, Dr. Christos Evangelidis
- Dealing with flood events at Hydroelectric Plant areas in western Greece, Mr. Christos Roilos
- Risk Management, Dr. Christodoulos Efstathiades
- Cross Border Cooperation in Civil Protection. The cases of EU-CIRCLE and IMPRESS, Dr. Christodoulos Efstathiades
- Using Drones and 3D Models to Assess Risks Related to Mines in Armenia, Mr. Sean Reynolds (Presentation)
- Crustal Deformation Monitoring using Satellite Techniques, Dr. George Drakatos
- Landslide risk assessment model for disaster prevention and mitigation “LANDSLIDE”, Dr. Nina Dobrinkova
- Emergency Logistics (Best Practices, Operational Environment, Tools and Methods, Logistic Processes, Exercises): Mr. Evangelos Katsaros
- Disaster Risk Reduction at Local Levels, Mr. Evangelos Katsaros
- EPICURO -> Community Engagement in Building Resilience of Local Societies, Mr Evangelos Katsaros
- Disaster Risk Reductions Concepts – Urban Risks: Making Cities resilience, Mr. Evangelos Katsaros
- Urban Heating Islands. Mr. Evangelos Katsaros
- Public-Private Partnership in Disaster Risk Reduction in Kapan City, Mr. Armen Chilingaryan
- Fire modeling data preparation for test area of Zlatograd municipality, Bulgaria, Dr. Nina Dobrinkova
- Topic: Modelling Mine Tailing and Water Dam Failures in Armenia, Dr. Alexander Arakelyan
- Flood risk mapping approach in Smart Water project for municipal area of Svilengrad, Bulgaria, Dr. Nina Dobrinkova
- Flood risk Management, Mr. Evangelos Katsaros
Below is are photos of the event.